[sharp-discuss] Problem launching after install

SHARP Developers sharp-develop at globalphasing.com
Tue Jan 28 14:10:02 CET 2014

Dear Scott,

apart from what Nicolas already mentioned:

On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 08:15:51PM -0500, Bailey, Scott wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have just installed the latest version of SHARP/autoSHARP on my
> MacBook Pro (OSX 10.8.5).  Everything appeared to go
> smoothly. However, when I try an launch SHARP using a web browser I
> get a can't fin server error.  I ran check_server and it reports
> that a sushi server is running.  I realize this isn't likely enough
> information to go on but I'm not sure what information to
> provide. Obviously I can provide whatever is needed.

Maybe you should connect to

  localhost:8080

(if the Port reported by check_server is 8080): sometimes the hostname
is not reachable through a browser - but localhost should always work.

You might also want to restart the server, just in case. See

  http://www.globalphasing.com/sharp/wiki/index.cgi?SharpAutosharpAdministrationStartServer

Kind regards

Clemens & Claus (for sharp-develop)