[sharp-discuss] segfault after authenticating...

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein at globalphasing.com
Wed Jan 14 12:45:48 CET 2015

Hi Francis,

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 01:08:39PM -0500, Francis E Reyes wrote:
> I have a segfault immediately after authenticating to SUSHI.

The first thing the interface does after authentication is running
some checks (for existence of files and directories, testing the
version of SHARP etc). So most likely one of those tests is
segfaulting - although there isn't really any special command or
binary being run at this point.

> [Tue Jan 13 13:06:12 2015] [notice] Apache/2.2.14 (Unix) configured -- resuming normal operations
> [Tue Jan 13 13:06:47 2015] [notice] child pid 30132 exit signal Segmentation fault (11), possible coredump in /groups/gonen/home/reyesf/xtal/sharp/sushi
>

> Any ways to diagnose this without removing the entire bit and reinstalling?

What is pid 30132? Is that one of the httpd child processes?

You could create a fresh, new user and see if that happens for that
one too.

Also check that all files/directories within your sharpfiles directory
structure are there and readable ... and don't contain some 'funny'
characters (due to filesystem corrpution).

Not much in terms of ideas, but maybe a start.