[sharp-discuss] New snapshot release of SHARP/autoSHARP

Gerard Bricogne gb10 at globalphasing.com
Thu Mar 19 21:13:04 CET 2015

    Dear SHARP/autoSHARP user,

          This is just a brief note to draw your attention to the
    latest release of our software, dated March 16.

    To download this new release follow the 'download' link[A] from the
    SHARP/autoSHARP homepage at: https://www.globalphasing.com/sharp/

    The current access credentials for the download page can be retrieved
    following the 'password' link[B] and specifying your email address
    as used for requesting your initial SHARP/autoSHARP licence.

    Use the other facilities (reminder,renewal) if you do not remember
    your initial request ID and/or you do not have a active licence.

    The changes included are described in full in the associated Release
    Notes available online[C].  The main updates are as follows:

      1. Overall: full compatibility with CCP4 6.5 (whose own updates in
         the meantime have incorporated fixes to bugs we found during our
         own tests).

      2. In SHARP/autoSHARP:

         * A command-line tool for running autoSHARP that can easily be
           incorporated into a workflow: run_autoSHARP.sh

         * The Fourier coefficients for log-likelihood gradient maps are
           now written as amplitude/phase to simplify their viewing in Coot

         * Support for latest SHELX and ARP/wARP versions

         * As an academic user only one valid licence key is
           sufficient for running SHARP/autoSHARP on all your machines

         * Improved coexistence with a BUSTER installation

    Again, you will find the full details in the accompanying Release
    Notes[C]. Please make sure to also consult the SHARP/autoSHARP wiki at:
    https://www.globalphasing.com/sharp/wiki/ for up-to-date information.

    As always we will greatly appreciate your sending your feedback to

        SHARP/autoSHARP Developers <sharp-develop at globalphasing.com>

    rather than writing to individual developers, who then have to remember to
    circulate to other developers the items of correspondence they have either
    received or sent individually. Thank you in advance for your care in following
    this suggestion!

    With best wishes,

    The Global Phasing developers: Gerard Bricogne, Claus Flensburg,
    Peter Keller, Wlodek Paciorek, Andrew Sharff, Oliver Smart and
    Clemens Vonrhein

    [A]: https://www.globalphasing.com/sharp/download/index.html
    [B]: https://www.globalphasing.com/sharp/licence/password.html
    [C]: https://www.globalphasing.com/sharp/ReleaseNotes/ReleaseNotes_sharp-2.8.4_sushi-3.10.4.html