[sharp-discuss] Heavy atom density

esserlo at helix.nih.gov esserlo at helix.nih.gov
Mon May 11 16:23:36 CEST 2015

> Why not to try refinement of everything, including HA occupancy, with
> direct SAD data in Refmac? If your mercury dataset is better than native,
> then it is likely (I am guessing) that you will use it for final
> refinement, right? At this point you have good phases already so native may
> be of limited use to you anyway.
>
> Artem

  Hi,

     apologies to Mark for duplication of my reply.

  My interest lies in the unmodified native data despite lower resolution. Hg
has bound to two CYS residues that are in active sites and i want the
structure without them. Perhaps this is part of the problem that the native
is obviously non-isomorphous (not very much so) to the derivative but I do
get quite decent PP and FOM and I think Sharp has a way to deal with
non-isomorphism as well as it can be done.

I was wondering if there is something I need to do or forgot to do to lower
(if not completely suppress) a spillover from Hg.

Ah, I have never used Refmac (in a serious way) - what is this Direct SAD
option ?

Thanks,

Lothar