[buster-discuss] R32 vs H32

rams at poori.biochem.uiowa.edu rams at poori.biochem.uiowa.edu
Sat Mar 19 13:49:54 GMT 2005

Hello all,

i am trying to start buster on a protein that is indexed in the hexagonal
setting of r32.  CCP4 calls it H32.  Buster crashes everytime saying
spacegourp symbol returned zero, space group not in table.

I know everything else is correct, if I just change the space group
everything runs.

The SYMOP has both R32 and H32.  The TNTdat has a h32.dat
The CRD file produced before buster crahses has nothing on the symmetry
line.

I have tried using both ccp4-4.2.2 and ccp4-5.0.2.

The web site says buster only supports 4.2.2, is there a version that
supports 5.0.2 (my guess is yes as SHARP does support 5.0.2).

thanks for all the answers.

rams.

--
S. Ramaswamy