[buster-discuss] test flag number in BUSTER

Keitaro Yamashita yamashita at castor.sci.hokudai.ac.jp
Thu Mar 31 17:42:52 CEST 2011

Dear David and Claus,

Thank you for your helpful advices.

David wrote:
> Concerning the gap Rfree-R, you can get an estimation of the refinement
> behavior on the Buster
> wiki http://www.globalphasing.com/buster/wiki/index.cgi?AutoBusterExample1osgBasicNCS

When I tried refinement without NCS restraints, R-work and R-free
became 32.9% and 35.6%.
I think I should check test set selection bias.

Claus wrote:
> by default '0' is used. You can double-check that by inspecting
> the value of the FREFLG keyword in one of the CRD files eg.
> % grep FREFLG ./run00/01-BUSTER/Cycle-1/CRD
> KEYWORD    FREFLG=0 USESIG BLKBLR=50 MXLCYC=1 MSKRAD=400

Checking CRD file, I confirmed test set flag number was correctly chosen.

But I always found FREFLG=0 in CRD file though I specified
BusterFreeFlagValue= in command line argument.
Moreover, trying all flag values, I got the same R/R-free factors.

Could you tell me what to check?

Thanks in advance,

Keitaro