[buster-discuss] Water - alternates and occupancy

Antony Oliver Antony.Oliver at sussex.ac.uk
Fri Apr 26 12:52:37 CEST 2013

Dear all,

I am currently finishing off refining a structure - and I have one little problem that I'd quite like to solve.
I'm fairly new to Buster, so if this has already been covered elsewhere, I would appreciate a pointer!

An Arginine residue is in two alternate conformations.  In conformer A, it is liganded to a phosphate group.  In the second, B, it is not - however, a water molecule now sits at the previous "A" position of the side chain.

My question is, can I tackle this scenario with Buster / Gelly, and how?

Many thanks for any advice.

Tony.

---
Dr Antony W Oliver