[buster-discuss] defining solvent content - missing part of structure

Michael Hothorn michael at hothorn.de
Tue May 7 11:20:03 CEST 2013

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [buster-discuss] defining solvent content - missing part
of structure
Date: 	Tue, 07 May 2013 11:19:35 +0200
From: 	Michael Hothorn <michael at hothorn.de>
To: 	Miguel Ortiz Lombardía <miguel.ortiz-lombardia at afmb.univ-mrs.fr>

No. I downloaded it from globalphasing directly. The sw just stands for
software and holds all my xtal stuff. I managed to get a script to run
that is called seq2seq and that generates a TNT file from plain ASCII
sequence. I used the ASCII sequence of my entire protein making up the
crystal, although I am only providing pdb coordinates for about half of
it. That turned out not to be a smart idea:

  ERROR : [pdb2tnt-0020] unable to get coordinates for
          residue/linkage "END" - please check your sequence
          file!

I guess the TNT file and the pdb file need to match, or am I missing
something?

Is there a way to tell buster that the supplied pdb file make up only
about 50% of the scattering mass. As it is the solvent content seems to
be calculated based on the supplied pdb file, it is much to high.

best wishes,
Michael