[buster-discuss] Restraints

Ashley Pike ashley.pike at sgc.ox.ac.uk
Wed Feb 7 15:32:11 CET 2018

Xavier,
No – buster doesn’t have any explicit rotamer/rama restraints as far as I know. In my experience refining in the 3.4-4A range, the best way to achieve such restraints is to use target restraints to a reference model(s). If this doesn’t exist then it will be challenging. What is the resolution you are working at? Also what is the level of anisotropy – if it is anything like most of our  ‘low resolution’ data, the headline number often hides even lower resolution in certain directions!   Having said this, if you have a goodish input model then buster normally does a really good job of keeping everything together nicely.

There are a lot of individual geometry parameters you could try tinkering with:

https://www.globalphasing.com/buster/manual/autobuster/manual/appendix1.html#SetvarParameter_GeometryWeight_names

Globally you can define a rmsd bond target using –r option

Cheers,
Ashley