[buster-discuss] target restraints

Edwin Pozharski pozharskibb at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 21:00:18 CEST 2018

Hello,

it's entirely possible that this is a straightforward case of RTFM, please
feel free to point it out (ideally with link to the actual manual pages
that I need to look at).

I am looking into using a higher resolution model to improve geometry at
3.7A resolution.  What I found so far describes what to do when the
reference model is that of the same protein.  I don't have that here,
instead it's a homologue with some 40% identity.  From what I understood so
far, buster doesn't do any sequence/structure alignment.

Do I have options other than mutating/editing the reference model?

Also, I got a general feeling that this option in buster is tailored to
cases where changes are minimal - say, low resolution data on
protein-ligand complex of lock-and-key type.  And that with large
conformational changes the strategy should be to include only parts of the
reference model that stay constant.  Is that a fair characterization?

Thanks,

Ed.