[buster-discuss] New snapshot release of the Global Phasing BUSTER software incorporating important improvements and fixes

Buster Developers buster-develop at globalphasing.com
Fri Nov 29 16:24:13 CET 2019

Dear BUSTER users,

We are pleased to announce a new release of our BUSTER package that
again includes multiple improvements and fixes, many of them initiated
through very valuable user feedback. We greatly appreciate your effort
in running and testing our programs and reporting any problems
observed.

Multiple improvements are concerned with restraint dictionary
generation with Grade (stand-alone or as part of grade_PDB_ligand) -
especially where planar restraints are involved. The QM-based part of
the restraint generation introduced spurious planar restraints that
could (1) lock a compound into an incorrect conformation or (2) have
knock-on effects when using the '-bigplanes' option to generate larger
planes from the initial list of 4-atom planes.

Several reported shortcomings have been addressed, related to
resolution limits/values, reporting in the REMARK 200 section (of the
output PDB file) and information provided by buster-report.

Finally, initial support for macOS 10.15 (Catalina) has been added.

For a full description of all improvements and fixes, please consult
the Release Notes at

  https://www.globalphasing.com/buster/ReleaseNotes/ReleaseNotes-BUSTER_snapshot_20191129.txt

With best wishes,

The Global Phasing developers