[sharp-discuss] 2 questions, external phase info & solomon

Chris Roome roome@embl.de
Thu, 08 Aug 2002 11:52:00 +0200

Hello,

I have a couple of questions please:

1) We want to use some external phase information, we have put our
*****.extern.mtz file in the users datafiles directory but it doesn't
appear in the menu, as per the instructions. The file is also group
readable. Does anyone have any ideas about this please?

2) When a user runs Solomon, it starts from the correct eden.mtz (with
FP, SIGFP, PHIB and FOM), and makes an eden_unique.mtz (with FUNI,
SIGFUNI, FreeR_flag) which seems to be screwed up (there are question
marks in place of the values for FUNI and SIGFUNI at each hkl) and
proceeds saying that FP, SIGFP etc do not match any file label. Any help
would be great!

Many thanks,

Chris.

Chris Roome                              Tel: +49 (0)6221 387 469
Computing Systems Manager                Fax: +49 (0)6221 387 519
Structural & Computational Biology
European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL)
Meyerhofstrasse 1
D-69117 Heidelberg         E-mail: roome@embl.de
Germany                    http://www.embl-heidelberg.de/