[sharp-discuss] ERROR : Cannot read OS primitives !

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein@globalphasing.com
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 11:29:00 +0100

Hi,

this is because you installed SHARP (using the installSHARP script)
under a user that belongs to a different UNIX group than the user
trying to run the useSAHRP script. What you can do:

  1. run the checkBDG.sh script (distributed as
     $BDG_home/adm/bin/checkBDG.sh or available at
     http://www.globalphasing.com/sharp/installation/index.html#trouble).

     - or -

  2. run the following commands:

     % cd $BDG_home
     % chmod 0755 .
     % chmod 0755 machines bin bin/useSHARP bin/mkmailcap
     % chmod 0755 sushi lib opsys users users/* bin/helpers
     % chmod 0644 .bdgrc lib/libbdg.sh lib/libadm.sh opsys/*
     % chmod 0644 users/*/.*access* sushi/httpd.setup bin/mailcap.dat

That should do the trick.