[sharp-discuss] Why two logfiles directories?

Huiying Li hli@bragg.bio.uci.edu
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 11:08:35 -0800 (PST)

For autoSHARP/SHARP user setup two logfiles directories are required: one
is ~whoever/sharpfiles/logfiles, the other one must be different
from the first one and on a disk locally mounted on the server
machine. I don't quite understand why we need dublicates of logfiles? When
we overlooked this requirement during setup, SHARP job could not run
although the control panel says job "submitted". It would be nice to add
at least a warning message to remind user setting up an additional local
logfiles directory.

Huiying
Huiying Li, Ph. D
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry
University of California at Irvine
Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Tel: 949-824-4322(or -1797);  Fax: 949-824-3280
email: hli@bragg.bio.uci.edu