[sharp-discuss] Native Fe in SHARP phasing

Edward Berry eaberry@lbl.gov
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 11:26:29 -0800

Thanks, Clemens,
I think my example corresponds to your second case, MIRAS. All compounds,
including the native which is first, contain the irons (we don't have any
good way to get rid of them without denaturing the protein!). But the
irons are declared as heavy atoms in all compounds (in order to use their
anomalous signal) so it would be sensible for the calculated native
structure factors to not contain them.

In this case would it be sensible to construct a native map from
FPnat, PHIsha, FOMsha if I want to see density for the irons?
(merging my native with the sharp output file to get FPnat
in the same mtz.) The columns in my sharp output files are labeled
differently: FPsha, no FBsha) and I haven't seen this "Phase Improvement
and Interpretation" control panel, presumably because we haven't upgraded
to SOLVE 2 yet.

Ed