[sharp-discuss] Native Fe in SHARP phasing

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein@globalphasing.com
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 07:57:07 +0000

Dear Ed,

> In this case would it be sensible to construct a native map from
> FPnat, PHIsha, FOMsha if I want to see density for the irons?

You could use your native amplitude with the phases and
figure-of-merit from SHARP like you described above. You also have to
decide, if you want to use phases/FOM from SHARP (i.e. in eden.mtz
columns PHIB/FOM or from eden_flat_*pc.mtz columns PHIsha, FOMsha) or
from solvent flattening (columns with extension shasol in
eden_flat_*pc.mtz).

> The columns in my sharp output files are labeled differently: FPsha,
> no FBsha) and I haven't seen this "Phase Improvement and
> Interpretation" control panel, presumably because we haven't
> upgraded to SOLVE 2 yet.

You will notice that we only distribute SHARP/autoSHARP ;-) But in any
case: it is HIGHLY recommended to upgrade your SHARP installation: not
only will you get autoSHARP (automated structure solution) but also a
whole bunch of significant improvements - the whole density
modification is one mayor one. And: the current version of SHARP 1.4.0
has some significant improvements and bug fixes relative to the last
1.3.* release(s).

Hope that helps.

* Clemens Vonrhein, Ph.D.          vonrhein@GlobalPhasing.com
*  Sheraton House, Castle Park     Tel: +44-(0)1223-353033
*  Cambridge CB3 0AX, UK           Fax: +44-(0)1223-366889