[sharp-discuss] - peak list from residual map

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein@globalphasing.com
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 08:00:14 +0000

Dear Venkataraman,

> Yes, I viewed the residual map using O without any problem.
> But  I could not view it through SHARP because it  was searching for the
> menu, startup files for O  in the wrong dir. "/usr/local/O/data/menu.odb"
> instead of right dir "/usr/pgm/08.0/menu.odb."

Have you configured your helpers correctly? See the documentation -
either from your SHARP Control Panel or online at
http://www.globalphasing.com/sharp/installation/bdg/chapter0.html). In
short, you need to create and edit the $BDG_home/bin/helpers.local
file based on the $BDG_home/bin/helpers.local_template. Also, make
sure that your personal ~/.mailcap file is properly used.

> I am using the perl5 (revision 5.0 version 6 subversion 0) version.

That's fine then.

> Yes I changed the rms limits for peak picking.

I found that using a value of -3.0 works fine (picking all peaks above
+3.0 RMS and below -3.0 RMS).

> Peaks.log file has full list of peaks end up with normal termination.

Could you send me (not the list) this file?

* Clemens Vonrhein, Ph.D.          vonrhein@GlobalPhasing.com
*  Sheraton House, Castle Park     Tel: +44-(0)1223-353033
*  Cambridge CB3 0AX, UK           Fax: +44-(0)1223-366889