[sharp-discuss] New User: Major Installation Problems

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein@globalphasing.com
Mon, 27 May 2002 07:59:17 +0100

Hi,

first, I think you might mean SHARP not SOLVE ;-)

If you're running on an IRIX 6.5 system it is recommended to use the
irixn32 binaries - not the irix64 ones, which are intended for pre 6.2
IRIX64 systems. I would stop your currently running server, fetch the
various irixn32 files from our WWW page and re-install.

The permissions are absolutely fine: only the httpd running on your
machine needs to be able to read most of these files. The actual user
sees these files only through the httpd.

You mention, that you used the installSHARP, newmachine and newuser
script (as root on monkey). Have you then used the useSHARP script (as
mentioned in the email that was sent to you through the newuser
script)?

To make sure that everything with the setup is fine:

  - go to your sharpfiles directory (usually ~/.sharpfiles)

  - have a look at a file called .sharpaccess.monkey.8080 (or
    similar): do the Auth*File directives point to the right place?

I'm not sure why checkBDG.sh is complaining about not finding a valid
licence key. Maybe something got corrupted when you saved the email
attachement of the licence key? To check this yourself:

  % cd /where/ever/you/installed/sharp
  % source ./setup.csh
  % bin/irix64_exe/sharp

  => this should only complain about missing parameters, not about the
  licence.

Hope that helps.

PS: please subscribe to sharp-discuss before sending emails there -
otherwise it might take a while for them to get through, since they
need aproval if sent from a non-member.