[sharp-discuss] can not submit!

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein@globalphasing.com
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 14:03:01 +0000

--HeFlAV5LIbMFYYuh

Dear Zhaocai,

first: you should upgrade to the latest SHARP/autoSHARP version
(i.e. SHARP 2.0.1 and Sushi 3.0.15).

Regarding the error you see: this looks as if you havent configured a
MASTER. Without going into much details (see the online installations
instructions for that), the easiest way to install the (latest)
version of SHARP/autoSHARP is to:

  1. make sure your environment is setup for

     * CCP4 (version 4.2.2 is recommended)

     * ARP/wARP (version 6.0 is recommended)
     * XtalView
     * Mapman (Uppsala RAVE package)

     (Note: only CCP4 is required, the rest is optional)

  2. download all necessary files and run

     % ./installSHARP -F

     =3D=3D> this should do everything automatically - apart from filling
     in your email address.

At the end of this you should have a working SHARP/autoSHARP server
(httpd) running that can submit jobs interactively.

You can then add more machines (MASTERs) to your configuration using
the 'newmachine' command. These need then be added to the submission
mechanism (see documentation) so that the httpd running on the SERVER
knows how to run jobs on these additional machines (e.g. via rsh, LSF,

You can also add more users to the configuration using the 'newuser'
command.

For a list of administrative commands:

  % cd $BDG_home
  % adm/bin/bdg-help