[sharp-discuss] residual map

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein@globalphasing.com
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 10:35:13 +0000

Hi Zhaocai,

it means that your installation isn't finished yet (the program can't
find a sharp.setup file in your $BDG_home/machines/*/ directory).

Remember that you need to install a SERVER (running the httpd) and one
or more MASTER(s) (running the program).

1. The SERVER is installed/configured using the installSHARP script:
   since you can connect to the httpd everything seems to be ok there.

2. the MASTER(s) are configured using the 'newmachine' command

   This step can be done in two ways (see
   http://www.globalphasing.com/sharp/installation/index.html):

   a) running 'installSHARP -F' will configure the current machine not
      only as SERVER but also as MASTER (so interactive submission
      will be possible)

   b) running the 'newmachine' command:

      % cd /where/ever
      % source setup.csh
      % adm/bin/newmachine SomeHostName

      (where SomeHostName is the hostname of the machine you want to
      configure as MASTER - it needs to be consistent with the output
      of the UNIX 'hostname -s' command: so no alias or wrong
      upper/lower case please)

In your case I recommend the following:

 - log into the account that you used to install the program under

 - make sure you're on the right machine (i.e. the one running the
   httpd)

 - go to your $BDG_home directory

 - run

   % source ./setup.csh
   % adm/bin/newmachine `hostname -s`

   ... and answer all questions - most defaults should be fine ...

For more information about the submission mechanism please see
http://www.globalphasing.com/sharp/installation/bdg/chapter5.html.

NOTE: you have a copy of the full installation manual locally -
available from your SHARP Control Panel.

Hope that helps