[sharp-discuss] external phase information

Gregory D. Bowman gdbowman@uclink.berkeley.edu
Thu, 29 May 2003 09:08:24 -0700

Hello -

I have a partial molecular replacement solution which I would like to use in
combination with Se-
MAD phases, but am having some technical difficulties. First, I cannot seem to
get SHARP to see
my mtz file, even though I have named it xxx.extern.mtz, put it in the
datafiles directory, and
changed my preference settings so that I am an "expert" user (I do not feel
like an expert user...).
Actually, when I change from regular to expert mode, the "no external phase
information" line
goes away, but is not replaced by a pulldown menu. A second problem I'm having
(which may or
may not be related to the first) is that I am having trouble generating the HL
coefficients from my
pdb files: I am using sigma-a and sftools in ccp4i, but only getting HLA and
HLB, not HLC or HLD
(?!).

Any help would be great!

Thanks,