[sharp-discuss] Problems with authentication

Derek Logan derek.logan@mbfys.lu.se
Fri, 14 Nov 2003 11:11:33 +0100

Dear Clemens,

> this is odd indeed. Have a look if you have any files of type
>
>   .sharpaccess.*
>
> within your sharpfiles directory structure. And if so, either check
> them for syntax or just move them away. It seems that the information
> in
>
>   $BDG_home/users/derek/.sharpaccess*
>
> and your sharpfiles directory are different.

I found 5 such files, one called .sharpaccess.etna.8080 and the others
with various additional timestamps, in $BDG_home/users/derek/. I moved
all these somewhere else, with no effect. However when I removed the
file .sharpaccess.etna.8080 in ~derek/sharpfiles, I could access all my
files once more.

To my knowledge no files were ever moved and the maximum number of
links was never exceeded - at least I could descend the directory
hierarchy as "sharp" as far as I needed to.

It remains a mystery but at least I can access my files again!

Thanks
Derek