[sharp-discuss] Problems with authentication

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein@globalphasing.com
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 23:15:49 +0000

--llIrKcgUOe3dCx0c

Hi Derek,

this is odd indeed. Have a look if you have any files of type

  .sharpaccess.*

within your sharpfiles directory structure. And if so, either check
them for syntax or just move them away. It seems that the information
in

  $BDG_home/users/derek/.sharpaccess*

and your sharpfiles directory are different. Also check that the link

  $BDG_home/users/derek/sharpfiles

is pointing into the right location. And all results in
sharpfiles/logfiles should be links to valid directories in
=2E./logfiles.SomeMachineName.

What could have changed? Did you move some directories to other
filesystems or a different fileserver? Maybe the maximum number of
links is exceeded - it's ridiculously low at 5 on Linux (in which case
you either have to change things in the kernel sources and recompile
or try to limit the number of links).

Hope that helps