[sharp-discuss] how to add native to MAD?

Sarah Gillmor Hymowitz hymowitz@gene.com
Fri, 26 Sep 2003 10:28:20 -0700

Dear colleagues,
I want to refine phases using the MAD+native scenario.  I have mediocre
NABR 3.5 A phases and would ike to try to add information about my
native data  (using the NABR phases, I have located 4 sulfers in my asu
and would like to include any phasing from teh sulfer anom signal at
1.85A).  I have successfully used autoSHARP and SHARP to refine, phase
imrpove etc the MAD data.  I have not been able to add the native data.
I am starting sharp based on my final round of MAD phase refinement but
I can't seem to generate the additional "C-2" entry in the TOC.  I read
the manual and it seems like it should be intuitively obvious what ot do
but I can't figures it out.  I have tried adding additional G and C
sites but that doesn't generate any new entry in the TOC where I can
imput the new column info, wavelenght, atom locations etc.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Sarah Gillmor Hymowitz
Genentech