[sharp-discuss] how to add native to MAD?

Claus Flensburg claus@globalphasing.com
Sun, 28 Sep 2003 15:15:43 +0100

Hi,

to add a new compound with S-atoms for the native follow these steps:

If your MAD.data.mtz file does not contain columns with the native
generate one and lets call it MADNAT.data.mtz (place it in your
sharpfiles/datafiles directory).

Also prepare an NAT.hatom file containg lines like these:
ATOM S   0.73262   0.35117   0.90679
ATOM S   0.33773   0.05688   0.21465
ATOM S   0.84311   0.25314   0.11210
ATOM s   0.56008   0.71903   0.01215
This file should also be placed in the sharpfiles/datafiles directory.

Launch the SIN file editor starting from your last MAD results, then:

1) In the "Global Information Editor" select the correct MADNAT.data.mtz file.
2) Possibly change the project name to: MADNAT
3) Under Table of Contents (ToC) click on G-site(s)
4) Under 2. Add heavy atom sites from file: NAT.hatom
5) Under Table of Contents (ToC) click on C-1
6) At the top "Help New Delete Submit ..." click on New
7) Click on the just created Compound C-2
8) Say "Create 4 new C-site(s) of type S ..." starting from the
   approriate G-site number.
9) Set the appropriate values for the X-1, W-1, and, B-1 as usual.

Submit the job.

With best wishes,

ClAuS