[sharp-discuss] sharp.dat, Unknown command for submission method "interactive"

Edward A. Berry EABerry at lbl.gov
Thu Dec 9 21:51:20 GMT 2004

I'm getting an error message on submission of sharp or autosharp jobs:

-ERROR in /data/compgen/sharp/sharp/sushi/cgi-bin/submit.cgi
-
-    The following return values are set:
-
-    * Child error = 0
-    * OS error = No such file or directory
-    * Eval error = 0
-
-Error message  :   Unknown command for submission method "interactive"

Where should I look for the problem?

Google recalls a somewhat similar error regarding which
Clemens Vonrhein wrote:

>      it is possible that you forgot step 10 (adding MASTERs). Just
>      redo this step:
>
>       % cd /where/ever/sharp
>       % source ./setup.csh
>       % adm/bin/newmachine <machine name>
>
>      and check that after this step there is a file
>
>        $BDG_home/machines/<machine name>/sharp.dat

So I reran the newmachine command for the proper hostname.
  (renamed the old machines/machinename directory and declined to clone it)
Still there is no "sharp.dat" in my corresponding directory,
  but a "sharp.setup".

There does exist ${BDG_home}/adm/lib/files/sharp.dat
That file seems to be a template, perhaps for
the sharp.setup file?

Ed Berry