[sharp-discuss] Xgrid interface for sharp

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein at globalphasing.com
Tue Dec 14 18:10:49 GMT 2004

Hi Tod,

I haven't heard anything about this (yet). So you're the first!

It should be relatively easy, since we already have support for
different queuing systems (mainly LSF and DQS). I suppose, Xgrid is
fairly similar?

The system is described in chapter 5 of the BDG Installation Manual,
which you have locally as well as on-line at

  http://www.globalphasing.com/sharp/installation/bdg/chapter5.html

In short:

  % cd /where/ever/sharp
  % cp -pr submit submit.local
  % rm sushi/submit
  % ln -sf ../submit.local sushi/submit

  % cd /where/ever/sharp/submit.local

If you then want to create an Xgrid submission system based on
e.g. DQS (as an example):

  % cp -r dqs xgrid

Then you need to edit/change the xgrid/*.sh files. You also need to
change the /where/ever/sharp/submit.local/*.dat files (see DQS example
in there).

Hope that helps - and if you get it going, please let us know!