[sharp-discuss] Problems with AutoSharp

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein at globalphasing.com
Wed Oct 20 11:47:59 BST 2004

Dear Mythili,

this means that, although you have the SERVER installed (since you can
connect to it and use the interface), you have no MASTER configured -
a MASTER is the machine which will actually run the SHARP/autoSHARP
program/binaries.

Ideally, the software is installed using the 'installSHARP -F'
command. However, if you installed it with

  % ./installSHARP

you will also need to run 'newmachine' by hand (to configure at least
one MASTER). You can also run the 'newmachine' command at any time to

  - change the configuration of an existing MASTER

  - add another machine to the list of MASTERs

So I recommend that you do the following (on the machine that you run
the server/httpd on):

  % cd /where/ever/sharp
  % source ./setup.csh
  % adm/bin/newmachine `hostname -s`

(which will configure the current machine as a MASTER). Then you
should be able to submit jobs interactively.

Hope that helps.

PS: please subscribe to sharp-discuss before sending emails -
otherwise there could be a delay before it gets through.