[sharp-discuss] DHCP changing address prevents killing/restarting server

Wilson, Jeffrey (wilsj9) wilsj9 at UCMAIL.UC.EDU
Thu Apr 7 16:43:51 BST 2005

I have/had SHARP running on a Mac OS 10.3.  I installed the program a few
months ago, and now that I have data I want to run SHARP.  Unfortunately, it
seems as though my IP has changed since I am on DHCP.  When trying to run
SHARP or any server commands I get the message:

ERROR : You must run this script on dhcp-107-7331 (remember
         that a machine is usually identified by the output
         of the "hostname -s" command)

Of course, my address is now dhcp-144-5388.  Any ideas on how to get around
this problem?

Of course, since I have not been able to post for so long (this list does
not care for e-mail aliases), I am now on a static IP.  So the question
remains, how do I switch to a different computer name without reinstalling?

Jeff