[sharp-discuss] OS X, ARP/wARP error in CLIBD_MON

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein at globalphasing.com
Tue Jul 12 09:06:20 BST 2005

Dear Jeff,

the ARP/wARP (warpNtrace) implementation in SHARP/autoSHARP sets the
value of CLIBD_MON automatically itself (remember: nothing in your
environment is ever used/picked up by SHARP/autoSHARP). It has
something like

  if [ "X$CLIBD_MON" = "X" ]; then
    if [ -d ${CCP4}/lib/data/monomers ]; then
      CLIBD_MON="${CCP4}/lib/data/monomers/"
    fi
  fi

in there. So it uses the value of $CCP4 from
$BDG_home/machines/YourMachineName/ccp4.setup and expects
${CCP4}/lib/data/monomers/. This is the 'normal' location of these
files.

It seems to me, that you have the files in $CCP4/data/monomers
instead? Is this intended like it? Or is it a CCP4 OsX feature? You
could do the following

  % cd /sw/lib/ccp4-5.0.2
  % mkdir -p lib/data
  % ln -s ../../data/monomers lib/data/monomers

to have both $CCP4/data/monomers and $CCP4/lib/data/monomers - and try
again.

How did you get your CCP4 binaries/installation? From sources? From
official CCP4 binaries? From somewhere else?