[sharp-discuss] installSHARP on FC4

P Hubbard dienoylcoa at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 22 15:59:22 GMT 2005

Hi,

I have recently tried to install the latest version of SHARP on Fedora Core
4, but get the following errors when running installSHARP -F (everything
installed fine with SHARP 2.0.1 and SUSHI 3.2.3 on RH9):

1)

  1. Location of the http daemon (incl. program name) :
     [/cove/user3/paul/sharp/helpers/linux/httpd.glibc23] >

  2. Communication port for server :
     [8080] >

NOTE : creating apropriate link for AstexViewer
        (sushi/base/tmp -> /tmp)

NOTE : The http deamon is now installed and configured.

        Do you want to start the httpd now ? [y]es/[n]o > y
httpd.glibc23: bad user name paul

ERROR : something went wrong - please see any message above
         and also try running the httpd binary
         /cove/user3/paul/sharp/helpers/linux/httpd.glibc23
         by hand. Maybe this binary isn't working on that
         particular platform/operating system? See the
         file(s)
         /cove/user3/paul/sharp/helpers/*/httpd.README_GPhL.

2)

NOTE : You can see a summary of commands available to the
        SHARP site administrator by typing
        "/cove/user3/paul/sharp/adm/bin/bdg-help".

grep: setup.sh: No such file or directory
./installSHARP: line 2405: [: -eq: unary operator expected
grep: setup.csh: No such file or directory
./installSHARP: line 2423: [: -eq: unary operator expected

Do I need to downgrade my Apahce version? Why can't grep see those files in
the main SHARP directory (they are there)?

Thanks!