[sharp-discuss] How to enable the submit method "Interactive parallel version (2 processors)" ?

Claus Flensburg claus at globalphasing.com
Mon Aug 21 22:42:30 BST 2006

Hi Kelvin,

On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 01:50:53PM -0700, Kelvin Chou wrote:
> Hi,
> I have installed SHARP/autoSHARP 2.2.0 on a Linux machine with Intel dual core CPU. It does show 2 cpu information in /proc/cpuinfo, and I do specify Number of processors=2 in my SHARP license key request. However, when I try to submit a autoSHARP project using the autoSHARP Control Panel, it only shows "Interactive" method. There is no "Interactive parallel version (2 processors)" method for me to select. Do I have to configure something to enable it?

yes, go to $BDG_home/submit.local

and uncomment these entries

%grep omp start.dat restart.dat resume.dat | grep interactive | grep thread=2
start.dat:#interactive:::BDG_exe_ext=omp;BDG_num_thread=2:Interactive parallel version (2 processors)
restart.dat:#interactive:::BDG_exe_ext=omp;BDG_num_thread=2:Interactive parallel version (2 processors)
resume.dat:#interactive:::BDG_exe_ext=omp;BDG_num_thread=2:Interactive parallel version (2 processors)

Mvh,

ClAuS