[sharp-discuss] How to do heavy atom detection on lower reolution through Autosharp

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein at globalphasing.com
Tue Aug 22 15:23:45 BST 2006

Hi,

from what you write it seems you have

  - a Se dataset (peak ?) to 3.5A

  - some other dataset (native?) to higher resolution

If these two datasets (Se-SAD and native) are isomorphous: just run a
SIRAS job in autoSHARP! It will automatically use only 3.5A data for
the HA detection (obviously, since the HA dataset only has 3.5A data)
but then use all data for the density modifcation in SOLOMON and
automatic model building in ARP/wARP.

Your input datafiles (*.sca or *.mtz) should obviously only contain
data to a sensible resolution limit (i.e. where I/sig(I) drops below X
and Rmerge stayes below Y ... use X/Y as you please).

Also: give it the sequence and the number of Se atoms _per monomer_:
autoSHARP will figure out the number of molecules per asu for you.

If you give a bit more info about the actual data I might be able to
give more help ...