[sharp-discuss] Hi everyone,

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein at globalphasing.com
Fri May 5 12:49:58 BST 2006

Hi,

On Fri, May 05, 2006 at 12:36:12PM +0100, Sabine Schneider wrote:
> 1) I receive the following error message when I run autoSHARP/SHARP through Sushi:
> ERROR in /usr/local/sharp_1.4/sushi/cgi-bin/Globa.cgi
>
> Command arguments: sabine./usr/local/sharp_1.4

I hope this doesn't mean you are still running SHARP 1.4???? Make sure
you have the latest SHARP/autoSHARP installed (SHARP 2.2.0 and Sushi
3.4.0)!

>     The following return values are set:
>
>     * Child error = 0
>     * Eval error = 0
>
> Error message  :   Error parsing the mtzdump output of
> /usr/local/sharp_1.4/users/sabine/sharpfiles/datafiles/all_scaleit1.data.mtz
> Cell[5] = "0" / symmetry = "" / resolution = "0" information is
> missing

Have a look at the file

  sharpfiles/datafiles/all_scaleit1.data.mtz

  - is it a normal looking MTZ file? Do

    % mtzdmp all_scaleit1.data.mtz

  - is there a file all_scaleit1.data.mtzlog? If yes: does it look
    like a normal MTZDUMP output (i.e. more or less same as what you
    get with the command above)?

    If it looks funny or contains error messages: delte this *.mtzlog
    file and try again

  - are the permissions right for all_scaleit1.data.mtz?

> 2) I have a SeMet-MAD dataset in P31 2 1:
> Running autoSHARP (through CCP4i)  and looking at the map I get from eden.mtz, the electron density "cube" (10 x 10Angstrom) is distorted, meaning the angles of the density cube are not 90 degree?!?!? I tested  it with a different MAD data set with spacegroup I222, and the "density cube" is normal? We run autoSHARP at the synchrotron (through ccp4i) on very quickly processed data and we haven't had this distorsion?

The map will cover either the asymmetric unit or the unit cell. If you
have a unit cell with angles != 90 degree you will see that on the
display too. Nothing to worry about ...

Some display programs are cleverer than others and will display a
sphere of density or a real cube - using symmetry operators to expand
density into regions for which the input map (covering an asymmetric
unit) didn't have density.

What display program are you using?