[sharp-discuss] SHARP-ERR-0002

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein at globalphasing.com
Fri Sep 29 16:10:53 BST 2006

Dear Derek,

yes, this error message is a bit (understatment) distracting. On OsX
there is an issue with writing a (slightly) more meaningful error
message.

Anyway, what happens is most likely one of these:

 - you're trying to run on a machine for whihc you have no valid
   licence key: please request a renewal or an additional licence key
   (at httpd://www.globalphasing.com/sharp/)

 - you've edited/changed the .licence file that was sent to you
   (e.g. changing/deleting lines starting with a hash '#' - although
   they look like comments they're not).

 - the .licence file got corrupted (e.g. when reading emails on a
   Windows box, saving the attachement and cut-n-pasteing it over to
   osX).

Does that help?