[sharp-discuss] error running rantan

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein at globalphasing.com
Mon Jul 23 08:55:36 BST 2007

Hi Alba,

two points (the first is not related to the error you see though):

- why are you using RANTAN for finding the sites? The SHELXC/D
  interface in autoSHARP is much more powerful. If you have the
  binaries 'shelxc' and 'shelxd' on your system, please configure
  autoSHARP to use it:

    % cd /where/ever/sharp
    % source ./setup.csh           # for tcsh/csh
      - or -
    % . ./setup.sh                 # for bash/ksh/sh/zsh
    % adm/bin/shelx-setup

  It is highly recommended over RANTAN!

- your error comes from the fact that you're trying to run on a
  computer/machine, for which you haven't got a valid licence
  key. Remember that after you registered with us (receiving your
  initial licence), you will need to get a licence key for each
  machine that you want to run the software on. That is easily done
  with the various tools on http://www.globalphasing.com/sharp/ -
  which allow you to get the current username/password, request
  additional licenec keys and renew your licence.

  Note: if you already have SHARP/autoSHARP running you should go to
  the 'request additional licence keys' link and not requesting
  another licence for the same lab/group again.

Hope that helps