[sharp-discuss] error running rantan

Todd Pfaff pfaff at rhpcs.mcmaster.ca
Tue Jul 24 03:35:49 BST 2007

Clemens,

I'm the person who did the installation of the sharp software for Alba.

Regarding your first point, all I can say is that I installed sharp via
the web site documentation.  If Alba would like me to do so, I'll be
happy to follow your instructions to configure sharp as you recommend.

Regarding the second point, we are only running the sharp software on the
host for which we obtained the license key.  That's what is so puzzling
about the error message.  I have no idea what it's trying to do at that
point that it is attempting to validate a license and returning that
error.  If you can give us some advice as to how to diagnose this problem
further, that would be much appreciated.

Regards,
--
Todd Pfaff <pfaff at mcmaster.ca>
Research & High-Performance Computing Support