[sharp-discuss] problem with licence file

Claus Flensburg claus at globalphasing.com
Fri Jun 1 10:13:50 BST 2007

Hi Sabine,

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 09:52:21AM +0100, Schneider Sabine wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Our sharp licence file recently expired. I requested a new one since the person who had set up Sharp has left and I didn't know the old licence request ID.
> The new licence key was replaced with the old licence file.
> And sharp comes up with
>
> ***SHARP-ERR-0001: Error in bomb : STATUS = DIFFERENT_IDENTIFIERS ***
>
> Am I wrong or is the problem that I need a new licence file with the old licence request ID?

nope, the licence ID is not encoded in the licence.

(from an earlier reply by Clemens: http://www.globalphasing.com/pipermail/sharp-discuss/2006-September/001790.html)

what happens is most likely one of these:

 - you're trying to run on a machine for whihc you have no valid
   licence key: please request a renewal or an additional licence key
   (at httpd://www.globalphasing.com/sharp/)

 - you've edited/changed the .licence file that was sent to you
   (e.g. changing/deleting lines starting with a hash '#' - although
   they look like comments they're not).

 - the .licence file got corrupted (e.g. when reading emails on a
   Windows box, saving the attachement and cut-n-pasteing it over to
   osX).

Hope this helps,

ClAuS