[sharp-discuss] Problems running SHARP in browser and in ccp4i

Brett Collins b.collins at imb.uq.edu.au
Wed May 2 03:11:45 BST 2007

Dear all,

I am running SHARP/autoSHARP on an intel mac running OSX 10.4.9. I am
having two (probably unrelated) problems.

Firstly when I run autoSHARP through a firefox web broswer it works
fine, but when I try and run SHARP the new sharp input editor that
opens up has the normal three panels but other than that is blank.
Is there something simple I have overlooked.

Secondly I tried running autoSHARP using the ccp4i GUI but it crashes
with an error stating that it cannot open firefox (although this
seems to open OK for example when I open a help file from the ccp4i
GUI).

The actual output is

# If a browser didn't automatically open the following
# file, please open
#
#     /Users/b.collins/26B/c4/106_autoSHARP/autoSHARP.0/
LISTautoSHARP.html
#
# in a browser (like firefox, mozilla etc)
#

As far as I can tell there is no file LISTautoSHARP.html
an then...

#CCP4I TERMINATION STATUS 0 Error from script /Users/b.collins/.CCP4/
CCP4I_TOP/scripts/autoSHARP.script: couldn't execute "firefox": no
such file or directory
#CCP4I TERMINATION TIME 02 May 2007  11:51:51
#CCP4I TERMINATION OUTPUT_FILES   /Users/b.collins/26B/
c4/106_autoSHARP/autoSHARP.0 /Users/b.collins/26B/c4/106_autoSHARP/
autoSHARP.0/.autoSHARP 26B
#CCP4I MESSAGE Task failed

Again is there something simple that I haven't configured properly.

Thanks in advance
Brett