[sharp-discuss] User-wide firefox helper setup

Frank von Delft frank.vondelft at sgc.ox.ac.uk
Thu Nov 8 16:11:57 GMT 2007

Hi, I didn't find this in the manual (maybe just braindead):

Is there a way to push the right mime types into a user's firefox
profile, so they don't have to enter some obscure path (helpers.x-coot)
themselves when they click on the Plot button?

And if there is a way, what exactly do I push there?  I looked at
MimeTypes.rdf, it looks pretty cryptic and before I plunge in, thought
I'd check if someone else has the ready-made modifications.

(Regarding point 1:  we use the sharp users slightly differently,
because projects are shared between people;  so each "user" corresponds
to a project.  This also means that users don't necessarily run the
whole setup thing -- so I don't know whether that would have sorted out
the MimeTypes;  if it would have, feel free to inflict RTFM flames.)

phx.