[sharp-discuss] User-wide firefox helper setup

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein at globalphasing.com
Fri Nov 9 08:17:10 GMT 2007

Hi Frank,

the MimeTypes.rdf is the place to inject those definitions - there is
a tool for doing that. BUT (as usual): I'm fairly sure that the
MimeTypes.rdf is different between different firefox versions and no
effort is made (by the firefox team) to keep this file in the same
format at all - since it is not intended for being edited by hand.

So I highly recommend that each user gives this 'cryptic' path the
first time they fire off one of those helper applications. The path is
always

  $BDG_home/bin/helpers.<MIME-type>

where $BDG_home is the installation directory of your SHARP/autoSHARP
installation.

It used to be much more structured in the good ol' netscape times with
a ~/.mailcap file containing single lines.