[sharp-discuss] Installing SHARP in Mac intel

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein at globalphasing.com
Thu May 1 11:44:09 BST 2008

Dear Abel,

yes - the current OsX distribution contains PowerPC binaries. But
these should run (using the Rosetaa software) on Intel Mac's too.

Is it possible that you try to run the software on a machine for which
you don't (yet) have a licence key? Remember: each machine needs it's
own licence key - so if you need additional ones, go to

  http://www.globalphasing.com/sharp/

and follow

  How to request

    * additional licence keys (to add more machines to your existing
      installation and licence),

For that you need your initial request ID, which was sent to you at
the time you requested SHARP/autoSHARP - but a reminder can be found
at

  http://www.globalphasing.com/sharp/licence/reminder.html

You'll also need the current username/password - see

  http://www.globalphasing.com/sharp/licence/password.html

If you're familiar with virtual machines: you can also run our Linux
distribution in a virtual machine (with a Linux distribution of your
choice) on your Intel Mac ... it should actually run faster than the
PowerPc/Rosetta emulation.

Kind regards

Clemens