[sharp-discuss] SHarp on 64bit ubuntu?

Claus Flensburg claus at globalphasing.com
Mon Nov 3 17:16:45 CET 2008

Hi Hari,

On Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 11:07:32AM -0500, hari jayaram wrote:
> Hi I am writing in to query whether the sharp and sushi binaries work on a
> 64bit machine.
> I do see X86_64 listed on the compatible machine list , but I have not yet
> tried to install it . I  am hoping to get an idea of whether I should try
> and install sharp on our new Mac Pros running OSX Leopard and another linux
> box running 64bit Ubuntu.

the SHARP/autoSHARP binaries for the linux platform (32bit)
should run just fine on a 64bit box.

Wrt. OSX Leopard: there are a couple of issues with installing the
current distribution.

Essentially you should do the following prior to running the installscript:

COMMAND_MODE=legacy /bin/sh

export COMMAND_MODE=legacy
export _POSIX2_VERSION=200111

cd /where/files/are/downloaded
#(source files to have CCP4; shelx[cd]; mapman; arp/wARP
# in path)

sh ./installSHARP -F
#...

and after installation add the two export lines above
to the top of the file: $BDG_home/opsys/Darwin

However, we expect to have full support for OSX Leopard running on MacIntel
boxes in our next release (very soon, famous last words etc. ;-)

With best wishes,

ClAuS