[sharp-discuss] Starting httpd and SUSHI

Eugene Wu eyw at duke.edu
Thu Sep 4 17:33:43 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I'm having issues getting the web server part of SHARP up and running
on a Mac Pro running OS 10.5.4 (Leopard).

During the installation process, the httpd-setup portion gives me
fits.  The .conf files instruct httpd to be run under the root
account, so the installation warns me that this is not kosher due to
the possibility of all files becoming exposed to local users.  The
warning pops up and then the installation loops back to asking me if
I want to turn the server on, ad nauseum.

I've tried changing the http.conf files in the sushi folder to a
different user, but the file is changed back every time I do the
installation.  I've also tried installing a newer version of httpd,
but the same type of thing happens.  Leopard appears to already have
httpd, but I don't know where it's located (probably wouldn't help
anyways).

So far I'm able to run SHARP through CCP4, but I'd like to take
advantage of the options on the web server version.  Does anyone have
a solution to the httpd root user problem?  How do I get this thing
up and running?  Thanks in advance.

Eugene Wu

Eugene Wu, Ph.D.
Beese Lab, Department of Biochemistry