[sharp-discuss] Problems using shelx format HKL files

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein at globalphasing.com
Mon Feb 23 19:08:05 CET 2009

Dear Vidya,

first a warning: I haven't used SHELX HKL4 formatted input files very
often ... hardly ever I must say. I usually start from SCALEPACK files
(since SCALA can write them now as well).

Having said that, it should still work. But: since those files don't
have an informative header you need to supply the cell parameters as
well for each datafile. There is a bit of an issue with this though:
you probably have to declare yourself as an expert (in the preferences
frmo the main SHARP Control panel) - otherwise those cell parameter
input boxes aren't presented.

Does that work?

I should have another look at it again to see if it needs fixing -
thanks for reminding us.