[sharp-discuss] Sharp and fink CCP4 in Mac OSX

Miguel Ortiz Lombardia miguel.ortiz-lombardia at afmb.univ-mrs.fr
Thu Mar 26 22:43:17 CET 2009

Dear Clemens,

> I see ... that's the advantage of a package system like fink (or rpm
> or deb or ... whatever): it allows easy upgrade of programs that are
> part of such a package system. The disadvantage: programs that are not
> part of the same packaging system are getting mightily confused by
> changing directoriies/versions etc.

Well, in this case it is as easy as making a note to update ccp4.setup
when the version is changed in fink.

> There still seem to be a problem: it can't find the program 'maptona4'
> (which should still be part of the 6.1.1 CCP4 distribution according
> to the official CCP4 website). Can you please double check that all
> items in ccp4.setup have been updated?

My bad again, I had updated the ccp4.setup file in the 'machines'
directory but not the one corresponding to the particular machine I
was using.

However, I'm now getting a different error:

ERROR   : No column "F_NatS_1440" of type "F" found in file
            /usr/local/SHARP/users/miguel/None.sharp/datafiles/
BRccL_x20_NatS_scala2.mtz!

The column is indeed in that file, in spite of the error message. This
is an mtz corresponding to a merged and scaled data set. And this is
the type of dataset chosen in the project... I can't find the output
of any ccp4 program saying what's the problem, all I can find is the
error above. I'm guessing this must be an issue with the latest
version of ccp4... Perhaps SHARP is not getting the output that it
needs from mtz2various or whatever ccp4 program. Is there a way to
check that? Is it worth in you opinion to install an older version of
ccp4 aside, just for SHARP?

Thank you for your patience!

Miguel
--
Miguel Ortiz Lombardía
Architecture et Fonction des Macromolécules Biologiques
e-mail: miguel.ortiz-lombardia at afmb.univ-mrs.fr
Web: http://www.pangea.org/mol/spip.php?rubrique2

believed to be clean.