[sharp-discuss] Sharp and fink CCP4 in Mac OSX

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein at globalphasing.com
Thu Mar 26 19:48:15 CET 2009

Dear Miguel,

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 06:56:13PM +0100, Miguel Ortiz Lombardia wrote:
> Absolutely, I did update Fink after installing SHARP so it went from
> version 6.1.0 to 6.1.1 in different directories.

I see ... that's the advantage of a package system like fink (or rpm
or deb or ... whatever): it allows easy upgrade of programs that are
part of such a package system. The disadvantage: programs that are not
part of the same packaging system are getting mightily confused by
changing directoriies/versions etc.

> However, I have changed
> ccp4.setup to point to the good directories, killed the server and
> restart it and yet I have the same error:
>
> /usr/local/SHARP/bin/sharp/autoSHARP/checks.sh: line 549: [: -eq: unary
> operator expected /usr/local/SHARP/bin/sharp/autoSHARP/checks.sh: line
> 556: [: -eq: unary operator expected
>
>  NOTE    : apparently you are using CCP4 [1] version ERROR :
>            executable not found = maptona4 - the supported CCP4 versions
> are:
>            4.2.2 5.0.2 (with the latest patches applied from the
> official CCP4
>            problems page)
>
> Hmm, now I see the error is of different nature, something in the
> checks.sh script. Any clue?

There still seem to be a problem: it can't find the program 'maptona4'
(which should still be part of the 6.1.1 CCP4 distribution according
to the official CCP4 website). Can you please double check that all
items in ccp4.setup have been updated?

Maybe there are additional external requirements needed by a
fink-style CCP4 6.1.1 installation ... some additional directories
that need adding to DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH or something like that? I ahve
no experience with fink I must say, we tend to install/compile our own
CCP4 version on Mac/Intel.