[sharp-discuss] helpers-coot helpers: 2: coot: not found , help?

hari jayaram harijay at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 19:15:56 CEST 2009

Hi  I have been using sharp for some time , but did not setup the helpers
for coot properly.
I finally got some new data and would like to set it up.

My mimetypes.rdf seem to be setup fine. But whenever I click the "Plot "
with coot option
I get a black background shell window with an error message

" NOTE : Starting up Coot with file "/tmp/map.pl":

 we are now in directory /tmp/1296.coot

/home/hari/claus/sharp-prerelease/20081104/bin/helpers: 2: coot: not found

 ERROR : Error received from Coot
  "

Also the latest directory in /tmp does have a Coot.Scr which I can read into
coot using Calculate-Read script . But It would be nice to have it "just
popup " with the map directly from sharp. My coot-setup is indicated below:
It points to a working coot script

hari at charlie:~/claus$ more ./sharp-prerelease/20081104/helpers/coot_setup.sh
PATH=/home/hari/autobuild/coot-pre-release-gtk2-python/bin/coot:$PATH

ANy ideas on how to fix it and where to look.
Thanks for your help

Hari Jayaram