[sharp-discuss] helpers-coot helpers: 2: coot: not found , help?

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein at globalphasing.com
Tue Sep 22 19:39:51 CEST 2009

Dear Hari,

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 01:15:56PM -0400, hari jayaram wrote:
> Hi  I have been using sharp for some time , but did not setup the helpers
> for coot properly.
> I finally got some new data and would like to set it up.

Very good idea - it makes it easier to check those residual and
density maps.

> My mimetypes.rdf seem to be setup fine.

Probably ... often tricky to decide since it is a readable file not
intended to be read by humans I guess ...

> But whenever I click the "Plot "
> with coot option
> I get a black background shell window with an error message
>
> " NOTE : Starting up Coot with file "/tmp/map.pl":
>

>  we are now in directory /tmp/1296.coot
>
> /home/hari/claus/sharp-prerelease/20081104/bin/helpers: 2: coot: not found
>
>  ERROR : Error received from Coot
>   "
>
> Also the latest directory in /tmp does have a Coot.Scr which I can read into
> coot using Calculate-Read script .

Good - so the generation of files is all correct.

> But It would be nice to have it "just popup " with the map directly
> from sharp.

Yes.

> My coot-setup is indicated below:
> It points to a working coot script
>
> hari at charlie:~/claus$ more ./sharp-prerelease/20081104/helpers/coot_setup.sh
> PATH=/home/hari/autobuild/coot-pre-release-gtk2-python/bin/coot:$PATH

Ah: the PATH should point to the directory with the working coot
script and not the script itself. Try with

PATH=/home/hari/autobuild/coot-pre-release-gtk2-python/bin:$PATH

Does that get you further?