[sharp-discuss] Error upon using of "useSHARP" command

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein at globalphasing.com
Tue Apr 20 16:53:09 CEST 2010

Dear Yuan,

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 10:41:30AM +0800, ?????? wrote:
> Hello, Mr.Handsomes:
>
> After the installation of SHARP/AutoSHARP, I use "adm/bin/newuser yuan
> /opt/sharp/users/yuan spl at ust.hk" command to add a new user.

You shouldn't point to the directory /opt/sharp/users/yuan. This is a
directory that is part of the installation and not a user directory. I
guess what you want to do is

  adm/bin/newuser yuan /home/yuan spl at ust.hk

or

  adm/bin/newuser yuan /Users/yuan spl at ust.hk

(or something similar). The directory should point to a place that is
read/writeable by the user 'yuan'.

> And then, in the users directory, there are 5 files, list below
>
> yuan at yuan-desktop:/opt/sharp/users/yuan$ ls
> email.newuser-sharp  None.sharp  sharp.dat  sharpfiles  user.setup

Correct. But you never need to actually look at this directory (or
modify anything in there).

> After that, I run "useSHARP yuan" command to active sharp for my user
> "yuan", and the program echoed the following result:
>
> yuan at yuan-desktop:/opt/sharp/users/yuan$ ../../bin/useSHARP yuan

Yes - you get an error because the initial 'adm/bin/newuser' command
was run wrongly.

> As it shown above,"ERROR, Unable to creat directory "./sharpfiles".
> I have tried various methods, change the pemission of users directory to
> "777", or delete the "None.sharp" and "Sharpfiles", or make a "sharpfiles"
> directory for the program, but none of these worked.
> Any suggestions to make it?

Try

  adm/bin/deluser yuan

and then the corrected 'newuser' command (see above for examples).